Coast toddlers found safe and well after being 'taken'

UPDATE: Police have located two young children safe and well following after they were taken from a Beerwah home on Tuesday.

In a short release on Wednesday night, police said investigations into the incident were continuing.

News of the children's discovery was hailed on social media with many congratulating police on doing a great job.

Earlier, police said a three-year-old girl and her one-year-old brother were taken during a violent confrontation by a group of four to six people.

It is understood at least two women and two men arrived at the Greber Rd home about 9.30am on Tuesday. 

Police interview: Acting senior sergeant Dave Harbinson on the Beerwah abduction

Police will allege the two adult occupants of the house, a 31-year-old man and a 35-year-old woman, were threatened by the group before the woman was struck on the head with a metal pole, sustaining a laceration to her head that required hospital treatment. 

The group then left with the children.

Police knew the identities of those involved, but officers had been unable to locate them to check on the safety and welfare of the children.

It was possible the children have been taken to the Toowoomba area. 

Acting senior sergeant Dave Harbison said the raid on the Beerwah home was the wrong way to go about things. 

"The adult victims were absolutely traumatised and so would have the children," sen sgt Harbison said

"It could have been done in a non-confrontational matter. 

"As a result a female victim received a gash to the head by a steel rod. It is alleged she was hit in the head. 

"Taking kids in such a violent manner is not right."  

Police believe those involved were travelling in two vehicles: a Black Holden Astra sedan with NSW registration BPS 38Q; and a 2009 red Holden Commodore sedan with Queensland registration 484 VNN.

Both missing children were described as Aboriginal with slim builds, brown hair and brown eyes.

One of the women allegedly involved was described as a 30-year-old Aboriginal woman, about 159cm tall with a slim build, brown hair and brown eyes.

Another was described as a 49-year-old Aboriginal woman, about 150cm tall with a solid build, dark brown hair and brown eyes.

One of the men allegedly involved was described as a 17-year-old Aboriginal man, about 155cm tall with a slim build, short black hair and brown eyes.

All involved are known to each other.