Moses Suli's Instagram page photo.
Moses Suli's Instagram page photo.

Sleeping in a car during training: $1.3m Suli’s sad decline

MORE details have emerged about the sad decline of Moses Suli since the troubled teen was released from his Canterbury contract on Wednesday.

The boom talent who signed a three-year deal with Wests Tigers worth more than $1 million barely a year ago has now been sacked by two clubs in the space of a month.

The Tigers let him go at the start of February, and by the end of the month he had been released by the Bulldogs too

Both clubs became fed up with his lax attitude towards training and his career, which still has the potential to be great.

An story reported Suli's attitude was so bad, he used to sleep in a friend's car while his Tigers teammates trained in the club gym.

It's no secret he regularly skipped out of training sessions early and repeatedly showed up late.

Within the first two weeks of his time at the Bulldogs he had received two warnings, first a verbal and then a written, according to club boss Andrew Hill.


Moses Suli with fellow Canterbury Bulldogs recruit Aaron Woods.
Moses Suli with fellow Canterbury Bulldogs recruit Aaron Woods.

The same story touched on a sad incident five years ago when a young Suli found his father unconscious on the floor of a gym. His father, Manu, died.

Despite this tragic setback, the talented teen managed to impress enough people at the Tigers to earn himself a massive contract.

Now his NRL career is at a crossroads, and could very well be done and dusted.

League legend Mark Geyer cautioned commentators to be wary when trying to probe into the young man's problems.

"He is a young kid, there could be other factors at work that are personal and I'm not going to speculate on what they might be," Geyer told Triple M's The Run Home.

"But I think that when you've got a kid like this we've got to start to put things in place. We don't want this to happen again to young kids."

Daily Telegraph reporter Dean Ritchie revealed more details to Triple M of the decline of Suli since joining the Bulldogs a month ago.

"Last Friday the Bulldogs said 'enough is enough, he's got to go'," Ritchie said.

"They sat on their hands over the weekend because they could not get any details for his departure done on Saturday or Sunday.

"They came in on Monday and Moses Suli met them and said 'please just give me one last chance, all I want is one more go'.

"They relented, the Bulldogs, and he repaid them by turning up late to training on Monday."

Ritchie also revealed the lengths the Bulldogs went to to ensure their star recruit was happy and accommodated.

"They even moved him closer. He lived out West and the Bulldogs moved him into a club house near Blemore just to try to get him to be a bit less tardy around training."