Tiger Woods reveals he's ready for Challenge
GOLF: Tiger Woods is "excited” about his return to tournament play for the first time in nine months after picking himself for this month's World Challenge event.
The 14-time major winner hosts the annual tournament in the Bahamas.
The 41-year-old has recovered from back surgery that has kept him out of competition since withdrawing from the Dubai Desert Classic in February.
"I'd like to thank the committee of one for picking myself and Daniel Berger to play in this year's Hero World Challenge,” Woods tweeted.
Woods underwent his fourth back operation in three years in April.
Earlier this month his agent Mark Steinberg said he had been cleared to resume full playing following a check-up with his surgeon.
"Albany is the perfect setting and it will be great to join this outstanding field,” Woods said on his website.
"I would also like to thank the fans for their unwavering support during my injury.”
The American has only played six competitive rounds in the past two years while trying to recover from the back surgeries.
Woods has won his own tournament on five occasions.
The event, which features 18 of the world's top-ranked golfers, will be played at Albany in the Bahamas from November 30 to December 3.